Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Favorite Veggie of the Season is...

"Good morning my little love,"  I turn on the light. 

"Goo Mornin Mama" Goose looks up at me from his pile of blankets. "Nigh, Nigh, mama," as he pats Jay Jay's (Giraffe) back.  He stuffs his head into Jay Jay's belly.

"What would you like to eat this morning?"

"Corn!" As he looks up at me with complete delight.  "Corn!"  

"Ooohhkaaay...? Corn it is!" 

Goose jumps up and down in his bed and lays back down, "Nigh, Nigh, mama."  

Pause. 

Looks up at me with a shocked face, "CORN!?"

I boil up some water and place a fresh piece of lovely, sweet, yellow corn.  As it cooks, my little guy runs around in circles yelling, "corn, corn, corn!!!"  Oh my, my little man can't handle himself!

He climbs up into his chair as the corn cools and becomes impatient.  

I take a bite... cooled perfectly and surprisingly yummy for a breakfast treat. 

I place it on it on his plate, "Yummy! Corn!" He hollers.

He looks at me, "Cat??"

"Where is Cat??" as he shrugs his shoulders, with both hands, facing up.

I grab cat and hand her to him...  
  
"Yum, Cat eat corn."  He lightly puts cat's nose to the corn.  

"Cat eat corn." 

As he finished up his last morsel...

"Yummy corn..."

He looks up at me,

"Corn in poop???"





1 comment: