Saturday, September 11, 2010

Organizing a Messy Room

Remember my "Storage Room"?

Well I have been moving along with my list everyday.  I realized while I was clearing everything that I work on a system.  So I broke down my organizing into phases for this room:

Phase One:

Start and get organized... I began with going through all of my books.  I find that if I am delaying something it most likely means it is going to take a lot of time, which is hard to come by with a small child of 10 months.  Naps and when he went to bed was my only time to get my first major step done.  I completed it in 3 naps - 1 and a half days!  I was shocked and on a rolled, so I organized the room into do to tasks and wrote a list of 30 things to do.  I took all my books to Village Books in Bellingham, WA and I got a pretty hefty credit to spend there.  1st Phase done - Yippee!



Phase Two:

Complete your to do list.  Most of the items are small, some I need help with from my husband and there are a few which involve time.  Going through photos is the biggest one and I am almost done!  I have completed about 5 small ones.  And in the process of completed a few others.  This weekend I have my husband scheduled to follow me around with all of his tools in tow to complete a few tasks (I love you my sweet husband!).   There is something so satisfying when marking a check next to an item on my to do list, especially when I mark it right before William wakes from his nap.

Phase Three:

Make the room your own.  This one I have been kind of going along and doing this in small areas, but at the end of Phase Two, I will have a pretty open room (at least in front of the window).  We have lots of ideas, but we are going to wait till is it done to get started on Phase Three.

1 comment: