Thursday, July 29, 2010

Confession #3

I confess:

I love my body, but can't stand the jiggle.

I love the shape of my body, so does my husband. He makes me feel like the sexiest woman alive. He loves my belly - the belly that has been stretched out enough to hold a 8 lb 12 oz baby. Yes there are stretch marks, TMI alert - which turns him on. Oh, have I mentioned this yet? I love my husband.

The only problem I have with my body is the jiggle. When I walk I can feel my sides jiggle. When I wave I can feel my arms jiggle. When I am in our Ford truck, which is extremely bouncy, I feel my stomach jiggle.

What to I need to do to fix this - well it is pretty simple:
  1. Exercise!
  2. Eat a healthy balance diet
  3. Sleep
  4. Drink lots of water and less beverages that dehydrate my body
Therefore lets begin. I am not much for determining if I feel great by my weight, but I do feel it is a good marker and goal maker for me. My goal weight most likely will change, because my body has changes since the birth of my child. I have also taken measurements and will take them in the end. Right now I measure at a 10 and 8, depending on what part of me is measured.. My goal is to get back to my favorite size of 6. I am very open to the possibly that I might feel perfect at a different size, so we will see!

Goal #1: Today I weight 149.2 lbs my goals is to weigh 130 lbs. I would like to lose this weight by Sept 30, two days before my fabulous friend Jamie's wedding. Here is the good ol' mathematical side of me... I have nine weeks: This will be about 2 pounds a week to lose. In my experience with weight loss this is very extreme, so we will see. I would be very happy with one pound a week, but I am going to buckle down and see what I can do.

Goal #2: Have sexy calves and arms for the wedding.

Goal #3: Fall in love with clothes again... I have noticed that my body has changed quite a bit since carrying little William. Of course there is the tummy - which I am very proud of (stretch marks and all). Then there is my wider hip. I have had a few emotional thoughts about the changes, but in the end I love the changes to my body! I carried a gorgeous baby for over nine months and my body did exactly what it needed to do to grow and deliver our healthy boy. I think the biggest transition for me for my new body has been - my clothes don't fit the same. For example - Jeans - an 8 is too tight around the waist and perfect around the hip and a 10 fits around the waist perfectly and I am swimming in the hip and thigh area...

Goal #4: Sleep - basically sleep at least 8 hours a night. I have been one of the lucky ones - my baby sleeps thru the night and has since 6 weeks old. So I have no excuse as to why I don't get a full 8 hours of sleep. I do feel like I need 9 hours, so I am going to experiment to figure out how much I need...

Goal #5: Drink water - I am going to go back to carrying around a water bottle like I did when I was preggo. I would like to drink about 10 cups of water a day.

My top goal is for the jiggle to end, so lets start today!!!

1 comment:

  1. you're much better in the 'love your body' department than I am... I hate my stretched out tummy and all the fat that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete