Sunday, August 1, 2010

T.V. Rehab

I began this wonderful day waking up to my husband getting up at 6 am to get our little man a bottle - my once a week little time of heaven.

We were waking up at on Samish Island, actually the place we got married almost 3 years ago. My day was full of relaxation with the family, reading "The White Queen" by Philippa Gregory on my Kiddle, and taking naps. We arrived home from our weekend of a date night, crabbing, fishing, relaxing, reading, etc. this afternoon.

I walked through the door and went to turn on the good ol' T.V. - it was calling my name and saying... "Errrrinnnn... what has happened in the last two days???" As I turned towards my 15 year old T.V./VCR I bent down and unplugged it - oh my!!! It screamed at me - What if there was an earthquake in a location I have never been and will most likely never go?? What if something amazing happened that never has happened before??? What if something happened to a celebrity???

I turned to my almost 9 month old, who was looking at me like I was absolutely crazy since I was just starring at the T.V,, and asked him what he wanted to do? So we checked on the chickens, picked and ate blackberries, watered the pumpkins (I have 6 pumpkins - my heart just got very excited as I typed that!!), went for a walk (which involved our chocolate lab - Abby - chasing a baby coyote, who was just a few feet away from us in the tall grass) and Miss Lady following happily behind us.

I ignored my square box companion for the rest of the afternoon and I tracked down my IPOD and stereo, which I could attach my IPOD to and it would play music... I decided to "Shuffle" the songs - well that made me decide I needed to delete a few song I listened to when I was giving birth to William...

Something came on - after skipping a few "out there" hypnotic pieces - Chopin... Not only Chopin, but "Chopin in Warsaw." BTW - if you don't know this part of my - I LOVE classical music, but not only classical, but Chopin! I use to imagine myself on a huge stage playing a piece, on the piano, from Chopin by memory to concert goers. William, who was bathed, dressed and fed for bed looked at the stereo and started moving to the beat of the piece that just showed up on my IPOD... I turned it up and we danced. He laughed, bounced and sang (yep William sings - he doesn't know words, but he sure does know how to hum to the music) We danced till he got so tired he was sleeping in my arms.

My first day of no T.V. has been my new piece of heaven and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment