Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lucky Penny Found

About 13 years ago I started finding pennies every where. A few years later, I heard when you lose someone you love they might reach out to you through signs, one being pennies.

13 years ago we lost someone we cared about dearly. For the first few years after his passing I started finding pennies. I found it very strange that I found them constantly, until I heard about signs left by people who have passed. Since then, when I find a penny I think of him and others I have lost in my life.

Yesterday, I woke up like I have for the last few weeks - extremely overwhelmed. So much to do and little time to do it. I wrote in my journal, which usually gives me a little relief and clarity, but yesterday I didn't feel it... I went out to get gas and go grocery shopping. As I stepped out of my car at the gas station, I looked down and found penny - heads up. As I picked up the penny and rubbed it with my thumb, I felt relief and clarity.

Someone who I have lost was reminding me that everything was going to be okay and that I could do what I needed to do to get it all done. Thank you Ray.

2 comments:

  1. It's so unfortunate that a beautiful life had to be lost way too soon... I think of him often too, especially in times of sorrow. It gives me comfort to know that there is a friend taking care of us and others who have been lost. Pearl, Soph and Ray are having a ball together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this post is so sweet. And I love that finding pennies has such a calming effect for you. I had never heard that before, and I too will forever remember this whenever I find a penny. Thanks for sharing darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete