Monday, August 9, 2010

Pets - How do they know??

Last year our three cows started running from one field to the next. They were bucking all over the place. Stopping at the fences and looking all over the place. They kept thundering by, so I stopped to observe their very strange behavior for a while. The next day in the paper there was an article about an earthquake north of Ferndale - right where we were at. It was a small earthquake, so I didn't feel it. The cows sure did...

How do the cats know to cough up a hair ball on a freshly made bed?? How do the dogs know to get sick when the checking account is almost zero? My goodness even the rooster knows when to get suck in the dog kennel as I am in a huge rush out the door!!!

Either way, I love them all. Even when Abby barks like crazy at 5:30 am. Even when Sucia chews up one of William's toys, which then becomes hers. Even when the darn cats cry in the middle of the night.

Abby, our protector, would run out to put herself at risk to protect us. Sucia, our sweet girl, knows before I am going to cry to come to my side. Sabrina, my rock, who knows things before they happen. Mickey, mama's boy, who loves to hide, but comes to me at all hours of the night for a little love. Our chickens who give us yummy eggs and our rooster who protects them from danger.

We love you all and hope you live long and happy lives.

And when you see cows act extra strange, maybe go outside for a little bit - might be the Big One...

No comments:

Post a Comment