Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Confession #4

I confess:

I love getting up early in the morning,
but I can't get to bed early enough

William wakes up usually at about 5:30 am from his 10 - 11 hours of sleep. He is my alarm clock, and I use the "snooze button" as long as I can while he plays in his crib. But why do I use the "snooze button"?? Well I asked myself this very question this morning and realize I was still very, very tired!!!

Why?

Well I went to sleep at about 10 pm he woke up at about 5:30 so that was about 7 and a half hours. It wasn't very solid sleep, since my husband woke up at 1 am and decided to read (with the light one), and work on a continuing education class on the computer for about one hour or so. Then he got up at 4:30 am and messed around the house for what seemed like forever. In the end I woke up exhausted and I am debating on if I should continue with this post or go take a nap since William just fell asleep. I will finish it.... And then take a nap.

I have been exhausted for a few months now - even though my young child sleeps through the night. I have been trying to figure this one out (medically, etc.) and I think the end result is that I need more sleep.

This is my plan - for the entire week of Aug 8th - Aug 14th I will be going to bed at 8:30 and asleep by 9 pm. If he wakes up at 5:30 this will give me about 9 and a half hours of sleep a night, but really it is 8 and a half, because my husband's alarm starts going off at 4:30 am.

I want to see if this will help my exhaustion level. I hope this is the ticket, because I am sooo tired of being so darn exhausted!!

Now off to my nap. Yippee!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment