Saturday, August 28, 2010

I felt it today... Just a taste...

Fall.

The first round of apples are ready.  The pumpkins are starting to turn orange.  The blackberries are ripe and covered in gorgeous dew soaked spider webs in the morning.  The flowers are turning brown, except for the dahlias and the sunflowers.  The veggie garden is more than ready to harvest.

The mornings are beginning later and the evenings are starting earlier.  The fields are golden.  And I saw a leaf fall yesterday.  The wind from the Fraser Valley has started in the afternoons. 

The mist on the fields have thickened each morning.  I heard my first flock of geese fly over my head when it rained last.

A few years ago Fall was my favorite time of the year.  My heart would skip a beat when I would get a taste of it.  Then I was introduced to Spring...  I have to say - I love them both equally.

I love the Northwest.  I will admit there are times I need to get away from it (pretty rarely), but I truly love it.  I love the rain.  I love the sun.  I love the snow - when we get it. I love the wind storms in the fall and the thunderstorms at the most random times of the year.  I love it when it is too hot to breath, knowing tomorrow it will be over.  I love that in the Summer you can sleep with a sheet and in the Winter you can sleep with a thick down comforter. 

I am sad Summer is going, especially since it started late.  I do love the cool early mornings and the sunny afternoons and evenings.  

We have it all here in the northwest.  We don't have the extremes like other places.  We have a taste of all seasons.

I love the Northwest for the taste it gives us.

A taste of a season to a point at which one can get sick of it and then it is gone.  Gone for one more year - Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment